archive investment transaction in the new 2018 Quicken version

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

I've tried this on some accounts and it creates the archive account and then fails with a message saying "Could not create the archive account". Nothing is moved. The original file validates and super validates. I'm using 2018 R3.4. Is there a fix coming for this issue? I was able to successfully do some accounts and it seemed to work but others I get this message.

Thanks,

Jonathan

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jonathan3 said:

I've tried this on some accounts and it creates the archive account and then fails with a message saying "Could not create the archive account". Nothing is moved. The original file validates and super validates. I'm using 2018 R3.4. Is there a fix coming for this issue? I was able to successfully do some accounts and it seemed to work but others I get this message.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan,
    are you using any third party cloud backup software like MS OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.?

If yes, configure it so that it does NOT access any of your active Quicken data files. Make it copy backup files created by Quicken instead.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jonathan3 said:

Thanks,

Jonathan

No, I'm not using anything like that. The archive account is created but is empty. I honestly don't believe it has anything to do with something about backup either as it first backs up the file successfully, then successfully creates an empty hidden archive account but then gets the error.

It also worked fine on some accounts but fails on others. I tried shortening the account names but that didn't help. Not sure if it's due to the type of account (worked on one roth ira but failed on a different one, worked fine on some brokerage accounts but failed on others). I would think some one from quicken would be able to explain why that error occurs.

This discussion has been closed.