Can I enter investment transactions manually in Quicken Windows 2018 Deluxe?

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I am using Quicken for Windows 2016 Deluxe. I enter investment transactions manually and run reports on my investments using my manually-enter data. That's all I need for Quicken to do for me. Q16 does go online to the Quicken Cloud to establish a valid ticker symbol & get prices which I could do without. Can I do the simple manual entry with Q2018 Deluxe? Or do I need to upgrade to Premiere??

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Kit, QW2016 can INDEED do manual entry.

And, for more info ... I live at 302.  Give me a call

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yes you can enter into Deluxe. I think you just get more investment reports with Premier.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    volvogirl said:

Yes you can enter into Deluxe. I think you just get more investment reports with Premier.

Oh I missed you were asking about Q2018. Its new but I wouldn't think that part has changed.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I think you two missed that NashvilleKit was asking about  Quicken 2018 Deluxe (even though the answers are right now matter which version).

As in yes you can do manual entry in Quicken 2018 Deluxe just exactly how you do it in Quicken 2016 Deluxe, but I'm not really sure why you want to update.  Even if you use online services (like the security quotes) Quicken 2016 will do manual entry for basically forever, and Online Services until 2019 (at end of April).

You certainly don't have to upgrade to Premier, and you don't have to update to Quicken 2018 for that matter.
This discussion has been closed.