QM 18 Migration Issue

Options
Ray Asbury
Ray Asbury Member ✭✭
Schwab Money Market Fund (SWZXX) does not show up in any of my Schwab Accounts.  I can create transactions to buy and sell into these accounts, but they do not show up as part of the portfolio, and the portfolio balances are less by these amounts.  I'm trying to transfer from QW'17, which tracks this fund correctly.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

Review the customization of the Portfolio view that you are using and ensure that all securities are marked to be included in the view.

Also double-check that this security, when viewed in the Security List, is of Security Type = Mutual Fund and NOT Market Index!

• Ray Asbury
    Ray Asbury Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thank you UKR.  Security type is Mutual Fund.  Customization of the Portfolio view - don't know how to do that with QMac.  QWin has a specific option for customizing Portfolio view, but I don't see this option for QMac. If you can enlighten, thanks.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options

Thank you UKR.  Security type is Mutual Fund.  Customization of the Portfolio view - don't know how to do that with QMac.  QWin has a specific option for customizing Portfolio view, but I don't see this option for QMac. If you can enlighten, thanks.

Can you find this MM fund when you look for it in the list of securities?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ray, Check the start of the account's register and look for placeholder transactions. These will be grayed out transactions with the word "placeholder" in the memo. They are created by QM in an attempt to make the holdings match what the brokerage is reporting. But sometimes they get messed up. The solution may be as simple as just deleting a placeholder. Make sure you have a backup before you start experimenting, or work in a copy of your data file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Ray Asbury
    Ray Asbury Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

Yes, it shows up in the list of securities
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options

In Tools>Online Center, does the MMF show up under the Holdings tab or just as Money Market Funds in the Balances tab? Any chance Schwab is run on a Pershing platform? I have a similar issue with MMFs at NMIS; they won't report as either Cash or Holdings in the Quicken register. Quicken is seeing the MMF value in the Balances section of Online Center as a result of the OFX download but it's not getting added to the Cash amount in the account.

Vanguard reports MMF's as Holdings with monthly dividends, but Pershing/NMIS (and maybe Schwab) is treating MMF's kind of like cash when they don't report it in the OFX file as a specific holding in the account. A while back NMIS MMF's were reported as cash in the account register but the downloaded cash balance never matched the Quicken register except at the end of the month. NMIS updated the cash value daily for pro-rata interest but then reported a monthly div amount in the downloads.

My workaround for FI's that treat MMF's as cash balances in OFX downloads rather than holdings is to just let the value ride as cash in the Quicken register and record the monthly dividend to the cash balance. Periodically I check that the account cash balance matches the FI reported MMF value.

Adding- Since this is a Mac post the screens may be slightly different but the concept remains the same.
This discussion has been closed.