Unable to download from Vanguard

posey
posey Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I enabled 2-step sign in for Vanguard but even after removing the 2-step I cannot download from Vanguard for a week. 

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2017
    What version of Quicken are you using on what operating system? What is the connection type (check the account's settings)?

What happens when you try to download? Is there an error message? If so, please post a screenshot of it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Crashmeister
    Crashmeister Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Same here. Vanguard not downloading since Dec. 22nd. Mine uses Direct Connect. No warnings on VG website.

Q-2017 on Mac.

What's going on?
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017

Same here. Vanguard not downloading since Dec. 22nd. Mine uses Direct Connect. No warnings on VG website.

Q-2017 on Mac.

What's going on?

I had an issue this morning with Quicken Mac 2017 giving me an error message for my Vanguard accounts doing a One Step Update.

Retry was no use.  Same error message.

Exited Quicken and restarted.  Vanguard accounts downloaded with any error message.  

Hmmmm.

BTW, no such issues with my Quicken Windows 2017.  That downloaded just fine the first time.

Double hmmmm.
  • Crashmeister
    Crashmeister Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

Q-2017 on Mac.

What's going on?

Thanks. Just rebooted and VG was able to download. Hmmmmm indeed !
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
  • posey
    posey Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

Q-2017 on Mac.

What's going on?

did you reboot your whole machine?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017

Q-2017 on Mac.

What's going on?

No, he just rebooted part of it?  LOL!

What kind of question is that?  You either reboot your PC or Mac or you don't.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    No it doesn't because it is stated that the problem is with Quicken Connect.
    Quicken Connect doesn't support investment accounts like Vanguard.

They have to be setup as Direct Connect (or use Web Connect).

On the other hand for the last few days I have notice "intermittent" problems with Vanguard not working.  And this is on Quicken Windows 2018.

It won't work and then an hour later it will.

From what I see in the OFX log, Quicken sends its request and Vanguard sends back an empty response.

I just tried it though and it had no problem.  Of course this is on the Windows side, but given that it is Direct Connect it should be working the same.

P.S. Direct Connect has its own security model as as such is not affected by the 2 step login setup for the website.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    @qpw:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the issue is with the Quicken Mac not downloading transactions and giving error messages...or just hanging altogether when trying to download.

And the majority of these (if not all) are Direct Connect banks.

And it works fine on the Windows side.  On the Mac side...nope.  "One Step Update" just spins, and spins and spins.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    That is the link I was referring to. Quicken Sarah said "We're currently investigating issues that Quicken Mac members are
    reporting when attempting to update their accounts with the Quicken
    Connect connection method
    ."

Note basically all those providers provide both Direct Connect and Quicken Connect/Express Web Connect.

And in every case the best thing the use could do is switch to Direct Connect.
    I think of at least most of them it is free, and a lot more reliable.

Note that USAA uses a different "username" and password for this.
    And Discover uses a different financial name.

But also Quicken mobile doesn't support Direct Connect so that it why it is affected too, no matter what you have setup on the Desktop.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017

Q-2017 on Mac.

What's going on?

I think posey interchanged restart with reboot.
    You can restart both Quicken and your machine individually.
    You reboot your machine, but you don't reboot Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    And then explain why a lot of Mac users are having difficulties downloading from Direct Connect banks today?

Possibly that the Quicken Connect download is searching for a connection to the Quicken server...and in the process the Direct Connect transactions don't get downloaded either????

Either way, my downloads are messed up and can't even connect.  Spinning colored wheel that goes on and on until I quite Quicken Mac. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Well.  Quicken does have to connect to Quicken servers to get the "marketing/URLs" to do even the Direct Connect.  So it might be hanging there.

If that is the case Quicken Sarah shouldn't be blaming the problem on "service providers".
  • posey
    posey Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

Q-2017 on Mac.

What's going on?

Thanks I misspoke...so to speak. I have restarted Quicken and rebooted my machine. I do understand that they are different things, lol.
  • posey
    posey Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    RickO said:

What version of Quicken are you using on what operating system? What is the connection type (check the account's settings)?

What happens when you try to download? Is there an error message? If so, please post a screenshot of it.

Quicken 4.6.7 (Build 46.19238.100)
    Mac High Sierra 10.13.2 
    I restarted Quicken and rebooted my Mac. Still can't download. 

Error Window pops up with Q17 logo:
    An error occurred during your online banking update.
    This window has been open-end to show you your Quicken account status. 
    Additional information:
    HTTP (null)

I then get another pop up window labeled Account Status which lists all the accounts and the Vanguard are at the top with red dots on the left and "Download Error (2003) 
  • posey
    posey Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    RickO said:

• posey
    posey Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    RickO said:

i just deleted the Vanguard accounts and then added them back and now it works.
  • posey
    posey Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

Q-2017 on Mac.

What's going on?

I deleted the Vanguard accounts (rebooted them) and added them back, now it works!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I an running Quicken 2017 on a Windows 10 machine and have not been able to download from my Vanguard account since 12/27/2018. Quicken will update the balance, but no transactions will download. What is the ETA on getting this issue resolved?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Works for me..Quicken 2017 with Windows 7.

So, apparently it may be a Windows 10 issue.  Although that too is doubtful otherwise there would still be plenty of users on here complaining about Vanguard not downloading.

Two things...try exiting Quicken and re-booting your PC.

Second, deactivate your Vanguard accounts from downloads and re-activate them.  Make sure you use a Direct Connect connection and that you LINK them to the actual Quicken accounts (do not ADD them).  
This discussion has been closed.