How do I create a check within an investment account? (Mac)

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Is there a way to create a check within an investment account? I have a cash account within my investment account (at investment firm), which is where we pay bills and write checks from, but there does not seem to be a way to link a cash management account to an investment account, and Quicken thinks that all I do in an investment account is buy and sell. 
If I select "New", my choice is to Buy stock.
Best I've figured out is to duplicate a previously entered check (created "natively" via the account update) and then modify accordingly.
Am I missing something??

Comments

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Click in the "Type" field and then click on the arrows next to the word "Buy" and you will see a list of choices. You'll probably want to use "Payment/Deposit" which is the last choice in the list.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018
    Options
    John M said:

Click in the "Type" field and then click on the arrows next to the word "Buy" and you will see a list of choices. You'll probably want to use "Payment/Deposit" which is the last choice in the list.

Also, you can add the Check# field to the register via menu View > Columns. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    edited January 2018
    Options
    John's answer above should get you the basics of what you need. But QMac does not have the full cash management account linkage that is supported in QWin. You may want to VOTE for the IDEA in the link below:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-ability-to-link-accounts-to-brokerage-accoun...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    thank you both! "Type" was not showing as a column, and I never thought that adding it in would provide a selection.
    As a user, it would be more intuitive to be able to select what you are doing (buy, sell, payment) within the overall data entry area
  • RickO
    edited January 2018
    Options
    len said:

thank you both! "Type" was not showing as a column, and I never thought that adding it in would provide a selection.
    As a user, it would be more intuitive to be able to select what you are doing (buy, sell, payment) within the overall data entry area

Type should have been showing by default. Not sure if you inadvertently hid it somehow. But anyway, glad you got it working.
This discussion has been closed.