QM18 categorize state taxes

Concordman
Concordman Mac Beta Beta
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I need to pay state taxes in 2017 How can I set this up in Qm18? I do not see Form 540-ES in any of the tax categories shown

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    What aspect of state taxes do you want to set up in QM18?

It sounds like you're trying to associate an expense category with the state taxes you pay so that it shows up on the Tax Schedule report. Is that what you're trying to do? If so, the edit whichever category(s) you associate with your state tax payments. Click tax related, then Schedule A and State Income Taxes or State Estimated Tax, Qtrly.  

You are not going to find any state forms (such as 540ES) listed in Quicken -- Quicken doesn't know anything about state taxes. But it does know that state taxes are deducted on Schedule A on the federal return, so that's where you find the line item to associate for the Tax Schedule report.

See below for an example of how I have mine set up.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    RickO said:

What aspect of state taxes do you want to set up in QM18?

It sounds like you're trying to associate an expense category with the state taxes you pay so that it shows up on the Tax Schedule report. Is that what you're trying to do? If so, the edit whichever category(s) you associate with your state tax payments. Click tax related, then Schedule A and State Income Taxes or State Estimated Tax, Qtrly.  

You are not going to find any state forms (such as 540ES) listed in Quicken -- Quicken doesn't know anything about state taxes. But it does know that state taxes are deducted on Schedule A on the federal return, so that's where you find the line item to associate for the Tax Schedule report.

See below for an example of how I have mine set up.

Ok Rick that should do the trick. 
This discussion has been closed.