I would like to edit monthly transactions without changing all future amounts

slhcrnp
slhcrnp Member ✭✭✭
I know this topic has been discussed in the past (just read a 2 yo post) so I thought I would bring it forward again.  I was able to do this with the Windows version but cannot with MAC.  There are multiple monthly transactions (i.e. Utilities) that are different each month.  TY

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi slhcmp,

Which version of Quicken for Mac are you using?

Please let us know so that we can best help.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

IIRC, the answer to this problem for Mac users is:
    Enter the reminder transaction first, as is, then edit the register transaction and update the amount.

Perhaps one of our Mac expert volunteers can confirm or correct me ...

There's a video about scheduled transactions in https://www.youtube.com/user/QuickenMac/videos

Maybe that video has the proper answer for you.

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    UKR said:

Enter the reminder transaction first, as is, then edit the register transaction and update the amount.

There's a video about scheduled transactions in https://www.youtube.com/user/QuickenMac/videos

Pretty close for Mac versions from 2010 on, UKR: double click on the reminder in the register and choose the "Mark as Paid". This will spawn the transaction about to be posted. You can edit any details there before saving. Hit enter to post. This will only alter the single transaction you are posting, and not the future series.

Tip: double click on the field you want to edit when choosing to Mark as Pad. This will bring focus to that field. So, if the amount varies (such as with a utility bill), double click on the Amount (or credit/debit) field.

If you hit the Paid or Deposited icon in the toolbar, the transx will be posted without the ability to edit beforehand.

Note: this is referring to regular scheduled transactions (bill reminders) as you will find in the in each register, or in the Projected Balances view of 2018 (under Bills and Income). The logic does not apply if you have that auto-magic stuff set up with bills in which it goes out and fetches the amount to be paid.
  • slhcrnp
    slhcrnp Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Hi slhcmp,

Which version of Quicken for Mac are you using?

Please let us know so that we can best help.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Thank you for responding.  I am using MAC 2018 - the newest software.  TY
  • slhcrnp
    slhcrnp Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    UKR said:

I'm a little confused but I will study this.  TY so much for your response.
This discussion has been closed.