Do user that manage 100 or more properties use Quicken Rental Property Manager ?

Scope of product

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't think so.  There are other much more sophisticated software programs out there.  But, of course, they are much more expensive.  Q-RPM is geared more for someone doing their own personal accounting that happen to own a few rentals.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Mike, appreciate your question.

I need some clarification. Do you have more than 100 units or 100 separate properties?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    HI Harold,

We are a small real estate business that manages and sells. The majority of our management are single family homes, we have a a few four plexes and duplexes. Some owners have several properties some have just one. We are currently using our Quicken and have each property as a separate account, so our account list is very long and the actual management account is not really defined it there it is just total of all the separate accounts. We have look into other property management systems, but they are expensive and very time consuming to set up.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018

I don't think so.  There are other much more sophisticated software programs out there.  But, of course, they are much more expensive.  Q-RPM is geared more for someone doing their own personal accounting that happen to own a few rentals.

Thank you Joe. I have looked into a few and they are expensive and time consuming to setup and learn. We are using quicken now in a roundabout way to manage the money. so I was hoping this would just make it cleaner.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018

I would not use Quicken for anything besides a personal account or a very small company. Quickbooks is robust, used by almost all CPA's, and just works. I don't know of any company I do consulting for that uses Quicken. I am converting to Quickbooks so I can just give the file to my CPA instead of printing off reports.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

HI Harold,

We are a small real estate business that manages and sells. The majority of our management are single family homes, we have a a few four plexes and duplexes. Some owners have several properties some have just one. We are currently using our Quicken and have each property as a separate account, so our account list is very long and the actual management account is not really defined it there it is just total of all the separate accounts. We have look into other property management systems, but they are expensive and very time consuming to set up.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for providing those additional details.  Quicken is designed to support up to 100 separate properties, either single or multi-units.  However, in some cases, having more than 50+ multi-unit properties can cause some slowness when adding transactions or moving between screens within the program.

Since it sounds as though most of the properties are single units, I would anticipate a slight impact to the overall performance but no major slow downs. 

If you do decide to try Quicken Rental Property Manager,  I recommend starting a new data file instead of using your existing file in order to start with a clean set-up of all of the properties, tenants and accounts, plus it gives the chance to play around with the program without affecting any of your current data.

Quicken also offers a full 30 day, no questions asked return policy so you can try the program and if it doesn't suit your needs, simply request a refund through Quicken Support, re-install your current version of Quicken and pick back up where you left off in the already existing data file. (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support)

I hope this information is helpful but please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.