Updated to version 8.8 for Windows - no cash balance displayed for portfolio accounts

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
After updating Quicken Premier 2018 for Windows to version 8.8 when I display my investment portfolio screen the cash balances for each account are no longer visible.  The total market value at the bottom of the screen is incorrect because it does not include the cash balances.  The account column which shows a summary of each account does show the correct amounts for each account and all transactions are correct for each account.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

Is your Quicken window wide enough to fit all columns including "Cash Bal" on the screen?
    Is there a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the register window?

If none of the above, can
    you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window
    showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s)
    here?

The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to
    capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the
    image.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.

To attach the image here, start composing your reply. At the bottom of the text
    entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U S

Click the camera icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select
    and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will
    be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yes, my Quicken window is more than wide enough to include all columns and there is no horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the window.

The missing cash information is not a column but rather a row that normally appears at the bottom of each investment account showing the cash balance in that account.

Here is a screen shot showing what it looked like prior to the update:

Here is a screen showing what it looks like after the update:

As you can see, the rows that previously said cash do not appear any more after the update and the cash balance numbers that previously appeared at the bottom of the Cost Basis and Market Value columns for each account do not appear either.
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Jim, any chance in the Portfolio View affected that the "No Security (includes cash)"  Menu Entry under the Securities Tab in the Customize Current View Window is no longer check-marked?

Whew, long sentence! (grin)
    Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options

Jim, any chance in the Portfolio View affected that the "No Security (includes cash)"  Menu Entry under the Securities Tab in the Customize Current View Window is no longer check-marked?

Whew, long sentence! (grin)

Aha! That solved the problem for me.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Jerry,

You hit the nail on the head.  That box was not checked.  Once I checked it off the cash entries for each account reappeared and the totals at the bottom are now correct.

What is interesting is that I also have Quicken 2018 for Windows running on a laptop and it is running version 6.12.  When I use the same Quicken data set as my desktop (copied directly) the cash entries show up even though that box is NOT checked.  It appears that in version 8.8 something related to that box has changed and now if it is not checked the cash entries are not displayed whereas before the update they were displayed regardless of whether or not the box is checked.

That is a great find!  I would never have figured that out.  I've been a Quicken user for about 25 years and have never encountered that before.

Thank you very much for that suggestion and your help with this - it is much appreciated.

Jim
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options

Jerry,

You hit the nail on the head.  That box was not checked.  Once I checked it off the cash entries for each account reappeared and the totals at the bottom are now correct.

What is interesting is that I also have Quicken 2018 for Windows running on a laptop and it is running version 6.12.  When I use the same Quicken data set as my desktop (copied directly) the cash entries show up even though that box is NOT checked.  It appears that in version 8.8 something related to that box has changed and now if it is not checked the cash entries are not displayed whereas before the update they were displayed regardless of whether or not the box is checked.

That is a great find!  I would never have figured that out.  I've been a Quicken user for about 25 years and have never encountered that before.

Thank you very much for that suggestion and your help with this - it is much appreciated.

Jim

That is why we are here - to help each other.
    Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Here's a screen shot of the way it looks.... with the CASH displayed.
    top menu --> Invest --> Portfolio --> Customize -->
    Securities --> 1st entry .. "No security (include cash)"

imageimage

QWin - R54.16 - Win10