Shares of PONAX received in Quicken as PONDX - this has been creating a mess for several weks?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Shares of PONAX received in Quicken as PONDX - this has been creating a mess for several weeks?  Broker advised this is a problem with ;how Quicken handles data received from Broker.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    In your Security List, what is the ticker symbol you assigned to this mutual fund? Is it correct?
    Is there more than one security entry in your Security List using the same ticker symbol?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Those are Pimco Income A and Income D Funds.  Sounds to me like an easy source of confusion.  

Further the PONDX shares were 'transitioned' (using Pimco's term) into the PONAX shares March 23, 2018.  

What did you do in Quicken to perform that 'transition'?

What did your brokerage due in their download to Quicken to perform that 'transition'?  ('cuz they likely did it wrong with respect to your needs in Quicken.)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Same problem.  Shares of PONAX are held in Fidelity account.  Fidelity support identified the issue as a Quicken problem. 

To verify, create a new empty Quicken file as a test.  Set up the appropriate broker account in the test file, with login info.  PONAX balance will now download correctly in the test file.

Symbols must be corrupted in the Quicken file, causing PONAX balance to be seen as PONDX.  I'v not found a way to fix.   Quicken support, as always, is no help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Same problem.  Shares of PONAX are held in Fidelity account.  Fidelity support identified the issue as a Quicken problem. 

To verify, create a new empty Quicken file as a test.  Set up the appropriate broker account in the test file, with login info.  PONAX balance will now download correctly in the test file.

Symbols must be corrupted in the Quicken file, causing PONAX balance to be seen as PONDX.  I'v not found a way to fix.   Quicken support, as always, is no help.

Bud,
    please show us the Security List entries for both PONAX and PONDX (with the Security List sorted by Ticker Symbol).
    Also please make sure that you have only one entry each, with correct and distinct Security Names. Quicken may get confused if you have more than one entry for the same symbol or more than one entry with the same security name.

Can
    you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window
    showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s)
    here?

The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to
    capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the
    image.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.

To attach the image here, start composing your reply. At the bottom of the text
    entry window on the webpage you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U
    S

Click the camera icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select
    and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will
    be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 2018

In Security Details for both versions of the fund, Edit Security Details and uncheck the box "Matched with Online Security". Most likely you have only one version of the fund, that is fine. Do a One Step Update and this time tell Quicken to create a new version of the fund.

This likely will result in a placeholder so you will need to sort through the transactions since the share class was changed and assign them to the correct security. If no transactions have occurred you may simply need to do a Remove shares of the old class and an Add shares for the new class, assigning the cost basis of the old class to the new class. Assign the date of the share class change to the Remove/Add transactions. Then delete the placeholder.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018

History:

-PIMCO did a Fund conversion PONDX to PONAX.

-I did the conversion in Quicken.  It appeared to work correctly.  PONDX share balance went to zero, PONAX balance was correct.

Problem:

-Every time I do a Quicken update, Quicken creates 2 ‘placeholder’ transactions.  One removes all of the shares in the PONAX balance.  The other adds the shares as PONDX (which no longer exists as a fund).
     -Quicken somehow sees all transactions downloaded for PONAX as PONDX.  Fidelity researched and assures me that PONAX is downloaded.

No need to do screenshot.  Relevent transactions are:

placeholder – remove xx shares of PONAX  (balance becomes zero)
    placeholder – add xx shares of PONDX (balance becomes xx)
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 2018

If the conversion you entered in Quicken worked correctly you wouldn't have a problem. The Match to the online securities is crossed up. Try my suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.