Stock Quotes Not Working.

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Having this problem for the last 2 days...
Release R17.1

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: update stock quotes Quicken Premier 2015 for windows not working.

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hello kauaimark. Appreciate your question.

Sorry that you are experiencing issues with Quicken.

Which version of Quicken are you using on the Windows side?

Which stock(s) are you having issues getting new information from?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Harold..
    Q:Which version of Quicken are you using on the Windows side.. A: Quicken 2015 Deluxe

Q: Which stock(s) are you having issues getting new information from 
    A: ALL (no updates to any stocks) 
    Thx, Mark
  • Quicken Harold
    edited June 2018
    Hello kauaimark, appreciate your reply.

The online services for Quicken 2015 were discontinued as of April 30, 2018. 

Some banks and establishments may have extended support, but they must have ended their online period.

In order to re-establish your connections with your stock quotes, you would need to upgrade to Quicken 2018.

We humbly apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Online stock quotes stopped downloading and updating.

I have Quicken Deluxe 2015 Version:R17.1. The last time online stock quotes worked was 06/07/2018 at 3:15 local time (Central time). Since then, no updates will download. This applies to both stocks and mutual funds. Validated my file. Everything showing fine. Is Quicken having server issues?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    How does upgrading Quicken software get Charles Schwab to reestablish quote support?
  • Quicken Harold
    edited June 2018
    kauaimark said:

How does upgrading Quicken software get Charles Schwab to reestablish quote support?

Hello kauaimark, appreciate the question.

It is because many banks and establishments like Charles Schwab have to follow the guidelines set with the expiration of product support, like for those using Quicken 2015.  Initially, the online support for all banks ended on April 30th. Charles Schwab may have extended support for those wanting to upgrade.

If you upgrade to Quicken 2018, you will be able to re-establish the connections to Charles Schwab, in addition to upgraded options within the program itself and phone and chat support when you need it.

Hope this information is helpful.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    kauaimark said:

I won't be upgrading.

I know you personally don't have control of the business practices of your employer but I don't have to like their forced "upgrade or else policy" no matter how it's worded.

I really don't need daily quote updates so I'll just manually update stock quotes when needed from this point on.

Respectfully, Mark
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    kauaimark said:

@kauaimark:  I do not believe there is any role that Charles Schwab plays in your getting stock quote updates - in context of Download Quotes feature in Quicken.  I don't understand why Quicken Harold offered that association.  Downloading of transactions and related security pricing is a different story.    

Quicken has had that discontinuation policy in place since at least 2005 so that is nothing new in terms of their business practice.  With the 2018 program, they have implemented a different variation on that practice associated with a subscription model (1 year to 27 months depending on from whom you purchase). 

I don't see the cited discontinuation policy as "upgrade or else", given that, as you are planning, you can continue to use the program going forward.  They had been providing a data service (download of information) to you for a nominal 3-year period.  That period has now ended.

As far as why you have apparently gotten data downloaded between 4/30 and two-days ago, that would likely fall in the "it's a mystery" category.  Seems to happen for some users each year.  

FWIW:  you also have the option to still purchase QW2017 through third-party dealers and get the remaining 2-years of download capability available to that program, if you have objections to the subscription model Quicken has gone to for QW2018.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    kauaimark said:

Let me get this straight...this has nothing to do with, as Quicken Harold intimated, in my case, Vanguard, E*Trade, and Ameritrade ceasing extended support all at once last Friday at 3:15pm. Rather,  the reason why we have gotten stock and mutual fund price data downloaded between 4/30 and up until two days ago is in the "it's a mystery" category?! 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I had the same problem, and suspected it was part of the new "Quicken Subscription" protection racket (business model) adopted by Quicken.  Yes, Quicken has blocked the ability of Quicken 2015 subscribers to get quotes, just like it blocked downloading transactions.  My plan is to migrate away from Quicken as it is too expensive for the value delivered in this new yearly subscription model.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    kauaimark said:

Getting stock and MF quotes via the Download Quotes option (either within a One-Step update request or separate from a OSU) has nothing to do with any of your financial institution connections.  Never has.  That information flows purely from Quicken data servers.  

For Quicken 2015 users, that service of providing that data was supposed to stop on April 30, 2018. 

For those same users, downloading of transactions and account balances (which would also include that days closing price or possibly the prior days closing price) was also supposed to stop.  That data would have been coming from your financial institutions but Quicken's data servers are still involved.  

Prior to Harold's comment above, I have never heard of FIs being able to extend that deadline.  I believe his statement is in error.  

I put your extension of the service in the mystery to me category.  I do not have any specific information to explain it (as another fellow user).  Quicken may have a very sound explanation; if so, they apparently choose not to reveal it. 

Your agreement with Intuit when you installed QW2015 (passed on to Quicken, Inc. when it was sold off by Intuit) was that they would provide that data and allow those connections through 4/30/18.  Anything beyond that data was above and beyond that agreement.
This discussion has been closed.