An entry keeps moving to the wrong account

I made a credit card payment from my checking account with an entry into my credit card account, we'll call it CC1. I save, download entries for both checking and CC1, reconcile, all is cool. Save, backup, sync, exit. I open the next day and the entry is moved into a different credit card account, we'll call it CC2. I go back to checking, move it back to CC1, save, backup, sync, exit. Next day the exact same thing occurs. Rinse, repeat, ad nauseum. How do I fix this?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    What version of Quicken are you using on which operating system? Do you use Quicken Mobile?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Quicken Delux 2018 under Win 10. Don't use Quicken Mobile at present.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Please click Help / About Quicken and post the exact Release number for your version of Quicken, e.g., Q 2018 R 11.16
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Quicken Deluxe
    Q 2018 V R11.18 B 27.1.11.18
    Win10

Happened again this morning, entry back in CC2 where it doesn't belong.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    And happened again today when I opened Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Just keeps happening every time I open Quicken. Please help.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Just keeps happening every time I open Quicken. Please help.

Hello Douglas, appreciate your question.

Can you try making a New Quicken File and try adding your accounts to see if this issue exists in a new environment?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    About Sync to Quicken Mobile app ...
    You already stated that you are not using the app. But are you 100% sure that Sync wasn't activated by mistake when last registering your data file to your Quicken ID?

There are reported problems with the Sync process that could cause the problems that you are seeing.

Do you use the Mobile app on your smart phone?

If no, turn Sync off
    completely.

If yes, try to Reset
    Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    (or stop syncing until these bugs are fixed)

Go into Edit /
    Preferences / Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts for the necessary options.
    If you see a "Get started" button at the bottom of the window, you're done. Your data file is not synced.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data
    file

1. Go to Edit / Preferences /
      Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Under the "Mobile and
      Alerts" group to the right, click the "Reset your cloud
      data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    3. Click the "Sign in as a
      different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and
      Alerts" group.
    4. Sign out, then sign back in
      to your Quicken account, but on the following screen make sure you select
      the "Don't use mobile" option and move through the remainder of
      the process. 

[Please note: The mobile sync option is the default here.]

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Did all that, did not fix. Any other suggestions?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    The problem definitely appears to be in syncing. I just backed up and exited without syncing, then reopened and everything is where it is supposed to be. (really big sigh)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    So, if the problem is caused by Syncing, why not turn off Sync completely until the Quicken programmers manage to get a handle on the situation?

I'd rather forget about Sync and Mobile if it messes up my data file.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    That's what I've had to do. But having to turn off a feature that is supposed to work in the long run is unacceptable.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled quicken cloud puts transaction in incorrect account.

I have Quicken Deluxe from 2018.  When I ran the One Step Update, payments for a credit card moved from coming out of the correct checking account to coming out of  a savings account,  I moved them back and the same thing happened.  The only thing that worked to stop this was to stop Quicken Cloud in the One Step Update settings   This happened  yesterday for this monthly payment starting in March 2018 through August.  No other weird things happening.  Entry in Bills seems correct.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Same issue with my file - kept switching just 6 transactions from 08/15-09/30 from one Savings account to Savings another.  Drove me nuts.  Eliminating the sync to Quicken fixed the issue.  I only used app to capture transactions at restaurants with photo of receipt.  So, I want that functionality back soon, Quicken bug-fixers!!!   Thanks for you insights Super User!
  • Linda Gilbert Medland
    Linda Gilbert Medland Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Me too! The same 7 transactions constantly move between my Children's Place and Macy's accounts. Not syncing is a BIG problem for us. Everything was working perfectly until the recent upgrade from 2018 Premier to 2019 Premier (R14.27).
This discussion has been closed.