Portfolio screen will not display in either 2016 or 2017 version.

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
All of a sudden my 2016 Premier version of Quicken quit displaying the portfolio screen. I can access each stock individually but cannot see my portforio at a glance. I tried uninstalling but then could not reinstall. Purchased the 2017 version and have the same problem. Any idea what is happening.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Are you using QMac or QWin?

What do you mean, you can't see the Portfolio? What happens when you try to do so? Do you get an error?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    I am using Windows 10 and nothing happens.  The screen won't open, no message.  Can open any other tab, just not Investing.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    In fact just tried again and it bombed me out of Quicken.  I can reopen and do everything else, just can't open Investing tab.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Under the View tab, tabs to show, show Investing grayed out.  Any thoughts?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    To
    be able to give you a correct answer, we need to know what version, feature
    level
    and release of Quicken you are using. 
    An answer given for one product may not apply to the other.

Which version of Quicken do you have: Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or
    Canadian version?

Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine
    year/version, feature level (edition) and release and tell us what it
    says.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    I have Quicken Premier 2017 for Windows in the US.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Under the View tab, tabs to show, show Investing grayed out.  Any thoughts?

Being grayed out simply means we can not uncheck the Investing tab from being viewable because of our Startup Location preference.

If you haven't already, I suggest you restore a recent datafile backup saved when you were still able to view your portfolio.

If you would like to revert to Quicken 2016, I suggest that you perform a clean uninstall, install and update while disconnected from the internet.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend that you download and apply the Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I have tried both of these and still cannot get to my Portfolio screen.  My question is, has Quicken eliminated access to that screen?  Catherine Conway
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

I have tried both of these and still cannot get to my Portfolio screen.  My question is, has Quicken eliminated access to that screen?  Catherine Conway

I continue to use the Portfolio view with no issues with Quicken 2016 R18.4.

As a test, I suggest you create a new datafile.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I used a different datafile and it worked correctly.  Any ideas on how to uncorrupt the datafile I need to access?  Help please. 

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

I used a different datafile and it worked correctly.  Any ideas on how to uncorrupt the datafile I need to access?  Help please. 

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2019

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.  Website told me what to do and it worked.  I now have my Portfolio Screen back.
This discussion has been closed.