2018 Q Home & Business - Any New Reports or formats?

Are there any New Reports or formats with the 2018 version compared to the 2017 version?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    What report would you like?  (the answer is no, there isn't any new report types as far as I know).

There are other features that sort of relate to reports though.
    Exporting directly to Excel format.
    Changing fonts, and spacing in reports.
    Create and e-mail custom invoices and estimates
    Add payment links directly to invoices
    Save rental documents directly to Quicken
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Another change is the addition of a "Buy and Hold" option to the Investing Growth of $10,000 chart.

This basically shows what would have happened to the selected accounts if you kept the same investments that you held at the beginning of the specified time interval. One limitation is that it only analyzes publicly traded securities.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Another change is the addition of a "Buy and Hold" option to the Investing Growth of $10,000 chart.

This basically shows what would have happened to the selected accounts if you kept the same investments that you held at the beginning of the specified time interval. One limitation is that it only analyzes publicly traded securities.

I was thinking of mentioning that one (it is a "view" BTW not a report), but frankly while I was testing it, I found lots of problems with it.  And also I never got any satisfactory answer to my question of what "Buy and Hold" actually means.

And there wasn't any consensus with the testers of what it meant either.

Sort hard to tell if something is working right if you have no idea what it is actually suppose to do.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Also there are currently other problems with the Growth of $10k having to do with deposits and withdrawals (which may or may not affect the buy and hold) that limit the chart's usefulness. See this post for more info
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/growth-of-10-000-deposits-and-withdrawals-handle...
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.