Quicken 2019 messes up my Bank checking and savings data

Since the last program Update, Quicken 2019 messes up my Bank checking and savings data each time I run 'Update' EVEN WITH THE BANK DESELECTED.  Appears it may be reverting to some pre-program update, but also changes older RECONCILED data.  Frustrated that it keeps screwing up and I have to restore to my previous backup.  No way to simply let Quicken know of my problem.  Have been using this for over 20 years, and gave it one last chance this year and renewed for 2 years.  Think I made a mistake. (Inappropriate language removed)

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2019

Do you have Quicken syncing to the Quicken Cloud?  If so, then discontinue doing that by changing the settings in One Step Update to exclude syncing.

Alternatively, you can delete your cloud account and turn it off in the Quicken Preferences area. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Hub Smily, appears that there wree 3 iCloud files.  Could only delete 2.  Don't see how to delete or disable the iCloud with the 'current' file.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Hub Smily, appears that there wree 3 iCloud files.  Could only delete 2.  Don't see how to delete or disable the iCloud with the 'current' file.

You can't delete the "current" file. 

You need to un-sync the accounts in your desktop file, then create a second file with just a bogus cash account, while having the second file open, you can delete the original cloud file via Preferences as you tried previously.

When you re-open the original desktop file, Quicken will re-create the cloud account, but it will not have any synced accounts in it.  You can check that by using Q-Web (app.quicken.com) to see that there are no accounts synced.

NOTE: There will always be a cloud account file to keep subscription info and some other items, but no transactional data.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Thank you Splasher.  It did work, so must have been synching to the Cloud each time.  Time consuming and a bit painful of a work-around, but it was successful.
    Have a good New Year.
This discussion has been closed.