MF conversion values shares added but not removed

Options
bsgk
bsgk Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Back in April, my 401k converted a fund.  The transactions that were created Removed the original lots and then Added the shares back on the new fund.  I think this was all done at the cost basis value.

Now that I'm looking through my year end data, something odd is happening where the Removed transaction has a $0 value while the Added transactions has a positive value.  So essentially, my transaction register doesn't add up to an Income & Expenses report. The difference is this one Shares Removed transaction.

More details, this is a 401k type account.  I had this happen later in the year in a brokerage account and the remove transaction has the appropriate negative value in the transaction register.  I don't know if account type matters.

I'm using Quicken 2019, though this originated when i was still in Quicken 2017.  Both on Windows 10.

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    There were changes to the mutual fund conversion action in a recent revision. Perhaps the latest one you did got the benefit of that change, but the earlier one of course did not? I would first make a backup. Then be sure you know what the conversion ratios,etc. are supposed to be, and delete the transactions from the earlier conversion. Re-enter using the new MF conversion action.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    When you look at the removed shares transaction in the account transaction list, below the "Removed" field is a field for a dollar value.  If the field is blank, it will show "Mkt Value".  For your problematic transaction, see what value if any is in that field.  See if an adjustment to that value changes anything (for the better).
  • bsgk
    bsgk Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    q.lurker said:

When you look at the removed shares transaction in the account transaction list, below the "Removed" field is a field for a dollar value.  If the field is blank, it will show "Mkt Value".  For your problematic transaction, see what value if any is in that field.  See if an adjustment to that value changes anything (for the better).

That did it.  Looking at the more recent transactions, this field was populated.  Thanks for the tip!
This discussion has been closed.