reconciliation problem - missing transactions

Options
Diane Pirman
Diane Pirman Member ✭✭
This follows a post I made within the last hour about newer transactions not showing up on the reconciliation lists "Payments and Checks" and "Deposits."
On a hunch, I entered today's date (Jan. 3, 2019, also the date of the latest transactions in my register and which were previously missing) as "Ending Statement Date" on the first page of the reconciliation process and now the previously missing transactions are included on the two lists to be checked off as reconciled.
I have been using Quicken since the mid-1990's and this is new and frustrating. "Ending Statement Date" should be the "Ending Balance" reported by the institution's report as it has been for the last many years!

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Prior post is here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/reconciliation-problem-missing-transactions

Closing older post as it's essentially a duplicate of this post.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Diane,
    are you saying that you have transactions in your register, dated 1/3/19, when you are trying to reconcile the 12/31/18 statement?
    If transactions appear on the December bank statement, then they should have been recorded with a December date, not January.
    Reconcile does not consider transactions dated beyond the Ending Statement Date as eligible for Reconcile because they are dated in the future.

Change those 1/3/19 transactions to use the date they have been posted with at the bank, a December date, then reconcile again.
  • Diane Pirman
    Diane Pirman Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thank you very much. My gripe was in error. I had a December transaction that I corrected with an early-January posted adjustment. When the adjustment didn't show up on the reconcile list, I assumed it was a problem with the program...my bad! One of those freak situations that happens hardly ever and I didn't think it through before contacting Quicken. I truly depend on the program and have for many years. And your quick response is much appreciated!!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options

Thank you very much. My gripe was in error. I had a December transaction that I corrected with an early-January posted adjustment. When the adjustment didn't show up on the reconcile list, I assumed it was a problem with the program...my bad! One of those freak situations that happens hardly ever and I didn't think it through before contacting Quicken. I truly depend on the program and have for many years. And your quick response is much appreciated!!

You're welcome. Thanks for reporting back. I'm happy to year you've got it figured out.
This discussion has been closed.