Where can I find my transaction history for the life of each of my investments?

On my Windows Quicken each investment has my complete transaction history (buys, sells, dividends) plus a page for further information. Where is this information in the MacBook Quicken?

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Select your investment account in the sidebar. You will see a button below the account name for "Transactions." Click on it.

• But I don't see the previous transactions before I sold some.  I only see information for the shares I still hold.  Nor do I see the dividend payment history for that specific stock -- only what would be buried in the whole financial account register.

• Your information was s helpful. My mistake was loading my Windows file on a flash drive and converting that for Mac on my Mac.  However, I believe I should have selected the option to import my Windows file from the Quicken cloud.  Trouble is, the only file I see now is the bad one I had copied from the flash drive, and I am not given the option of finding my latest QDF file created on my Windows computer this morning.  Is it possible that that file is only on my Windows computer and not in the Quicken Cloud?
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You cannot import or restore your data from Quicken Cloud; you must always have a desktop file associated with it.

If you wish to reimport the newer QDF file you created recently on your Windows machine, you can. 1) Move the newer QDF over to your Mac. (you can again use a flash drive), and 2) In Quicken Mac, choose File:New and create a new file. Follow the same steps to convert from Windows, but use your new file.
This discussion has been closed.