I an Asset account changed with latest download 2/12/2019. Why?

Options
I created an Asset account to represent my wife's HSA.  Been working fine until the latest program update download 2/12/19, at which time it was oddly linked to a closed asset account for a former home we owned and it showed an adjustment in value via Zillow.  The account displays its register with info on the old house top right. How do I eliminate this unwanted link? Where did this link come from?

Best Answer

• Rick Shumway
    Rick Shumway Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    On further examination, on non real property Asset accounts, if you click on Settings in the register display, one of the options is to Show the Zillow status bar. Should you by accident (or by design) click this option, Quicken grabs the first home asset associated with Zillow and will, at download time add your Zillow update as an entry in the Asset account, whether the account has anything to do with real property or not. I eliminated the link by deleting the Zillow entry in the register, then clicking Settings|Show/Hide Zillow estimation bar. No entry in non-property Asset account - no link to Zillow. Thanks for the validation suggestion, NotACPA. I need to do that too.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I suspect that your Q data file has gotten corrupted.  SO:
    FILE, File Operations, Copy.  Leave all default settings alone. THEN, using the COPY
    FILE, File Operations, Validate and Repair.  Be sure to click "Validate File" and, if present "Rebuild Investing lots" before you click OK.
    If that fixes the problem, abandon the original file and continue with the Validated copy.
    You can also try Restoring from a recent backup that was created before the problem began ... but I'd Validate that file also.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rick Shumway
    Rick Shumway Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    On further examination, on non real property Asset accounts, if you click on Settings in the register display, one of the options is to Show the Zillow status bar. Should you by accident (or by design) click this option, Quicken grabs the first home asset associated with Zillow and will, at download time add your Zillow update as an entry in the Asset account, whether the account has anything to do with real property or not. I eliminated the link by deleting the Zillow entry in the register, then clicking Settings|Show/Hide Zillow estimation bar. No entry in non-property Asset account - no link to Zillow. Thanks for the validation suggestion, NotACPA. I need to do that too.
This discussion has been closed.