How to fix QW2017 (Vista) after recent QW update - Quicken ID & Profile not avail

Options
Tom4
Tom4 Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken automatically updated today and immediately afterwards when trying to download stock quotes it requires me to sign in with a quicken online password and then states the online service is unavailable.  If I try to sign into my online ID (perferences-quicken id) it returns "we could not retrieve your quicken profile information".  How can I resolve this?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version of Quicken ---> Help --> About Quicken
    WOW... have not seen the Quicken online ID service failing
    --> Edit --> Preferences --> scroll to bottom - Quicken ID, Sync, & Alerts

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Tom4
    Tom4 Member ✭✭
    Options
    using Quicken 2017. now version R19.1 Build 26.1.19.1  I've isolated the problem to the Vista operating system I'm using.  Tried quicken on another computer with Windows 10 and I can log into the online ID.  But quicken online ID is not working on the Vista system any longer.  It had faithfully worked until today after the "upgrade" that automatically installed after I opened quicken.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken 2017 is not even supported on Vista. I'm amazed you even got it installed. Why would you be using an unsupported, unsecure operating system for your financial data?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.