When using the action "Withdraw and Transfer" for shares changes the portfolio totals to 99997999.0

Rick8
Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
When using the action "Withdraw and Transfer" for shares, like doing a IRA to Roth conversion, any following "buys" of that same security in the original account (IRA) changes the portfolio view totals to 997899987999.0.  Deleting that withdraw and transfer transaction allows any following buys in that same security to work fine and the correct totals to be shown in the portfolio view.  If you just withdraw the shares, all works fine, but the withdraw and transfer should do what it is supposed to do.

Best Answer

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jim, 
    Thanks for the response!
    You are right, the correct transaction was "shares transferred between accounts".  I went back and restored an earlier database and replicated the problem.  It continued to occur until I deleted the original 12,000 share transfer.  Upon re-entering the "shares transferred between accounts" transaction, all worked perfectly.   Very difficult to find when it is 3 months into the year and you are trying to purchase another lot of the security and it keeps screwing up you total portfolio balance to a negative gazillion number!  The only reason I went back to the original transfer was this was the first time I had used this share transfer transaction.  Using QW 2017  26.1.17.4,  Win 10 all patches current.  Have been using Quicken since 1985.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What product are you using, or what is the exact name of the transaction you are entering? Quicken for Windows does not have a "'Withdraw and transfer' for shares"
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jim, 
    Thanks for the response!
    You are right, the correct transaction was "shares transferred between accounts".  I went back and restored an earlier database and replicated the problem.  It continued to occur until I deleted the original 12,000 share transfer.  Upon re-entering the "shares transferred between accounts" transaction, all worked perfectly.   Very difficult to find when it is 3 months into the year and you are trying to purchase another lot of the security and it keeps screwing up you total portfolio balance to a negative gazillion number!  The only reason I went back to the original transfer was this was the first time I had used this share transfer transaction.  Using QW 2017  26.1.17.4,  Win 10 all patches current.  Have been using Quicken since 1985.
This discussion has been closed.