Rental Property Profit&Loss : how to correct upcoming income and upcoming bills

Options
I may have been using Quicken wrong in the past, I'm not sure.

The profit&loss center shows rents for at least 2 yers from old tenants as upcoming income.
Those rents were collected, I entered them directly in the accounts, didn't use the 'enter rent' functionality.  Those rents are paid on my account so they are downloaded from the bank, I just need to flag them as rent.

Now I wonder, what should I do to avoid this in the future.  And how can I fix this so that the P&L dashboard is showing the correct figures.

I have the same problem with upcoming bills.  I must have entered some kind of recurring bill in the past.  So I need to correct this as well.  I just can't find where those bills are located in the program.

Thanks for some help.

Best Answer

• mindpower
    mindpower Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Okay, I was looking in the wrong place.  I found the bill section below the accounts and managed to remove everything there.  Thanks!

Answers

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You could simply "skip" the reminders in the P&L center?  I have several rental properties that I use Quicken RPM (2017) that I used to track finances.  These were set up in the Rental Center and with Rental Tags.  My Business Center does not pick up on these, so if I use the P&L reports, they return no data.I have to run reports in the Rental section.

For Bills, there is a Bill section and you can look at memorized bills for all accounts or accounts 1 by 1.  If you enter in a bill directly and tag that entry with the correct category & tag, then it should show in your reports and you can skip the reminder.
  • mindpower
    mindpower Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Okay, I was looking in the wrong place.  I found the bill section below the accounts and managed to remove everything there.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.