1-Month Budget Report Formatting Broken, 12-Month Works

Today, for some unknown reason, the 1-Month Budget Report view has become completely garbled and unusable. The report data appears to be there, but in an unformatted column of garbled text. The 12-Month view works perfectly fine. I have tried quitting and restarting, editing fields in the edit mode, checked for software updates (none available), and created new budgets. Nothing seems to work, all 1-Month reports are garbled.

I am using:

Quicken Deluxe 2019
Version 5.11.0 (Build 511.25626.100)
on macOS 10.14.5

Help!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• n8sabes
    n8sabes Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It seems that deleting a category used in budgets *may* cause 1-Month report to fail. Spoke with technical support and got the following instructions. I did *not* do all of the steps recommended, but rather simply ran a backup and restored. The steps that worked for me are outlined in SOLUTION, below.

Quicken Chat: "Begin by doing a backup going to, File in the top left, then save a backups, then save. Then, export and import the transactions on a new file. The procedure is by going to file, export, QXF windows transfer file, save it to your desktop then go to file, new, start from quicken for windows file, choose the file on the desktop it will convert the QXF file to mac and then create a new budget that procedure should solve the issue."

SOLUTION:
    1. Backup quicken file.
    2. Restore backup to new quicken file.
    3. Delete old quicken file and rename new file to original file name.

Answers

• n8sabes
    n8sabes Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It seems that deleting a category used in budgets *may* cause 1-Month report to fail. Spoke with technical support and got the following instructions. I did *not* do all of the steps recommended, but rather simply ran a backup and restored. The steps that worked for me are outlined in SOLUTION, below.

Quicken Chat: "Begin by doing a backup going to, File in the top left, then save a backups, then save. Then, export and import the transactions on a new file. The procedure is by going to file, export, QXF windows transfer file, save it to your desktop then go to file, new, start from quicken for windows file, choose the file on the desktop it will convert the QXF file to mac and then create a new budget that procedure should solve the issue."

SOLUTION:
    1. Backup quicken file.
    2. Restore backup to new quicken file.
    3. Delete old quicken file and rename new file to original file name.
This discussion has been closed.