Vanguard conversion - now showing securities mismatch between Quicken and download

Hi, I recently went through (a rather hellish) process in Quicken due to the conversion of my various Vanguard funds investor shares to admiral's shares. However, now I'm getting the Securities Comparison Mismatch window showing for 2 funds in the account.

The window is showing under "Shares in Quicken" the admiral class shares, but it's showing under "Shares reported" (by my financial institution) the original/investor shares. Obviously when I log into my Vanguard account, it shows me holding the admiral shares, and zero for the investor shares. Why is this apparently downloading incorrectly into Quicken and how do I fix it?

Best Answer

• ijgordon74
    ijgordon74 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks all, I never got the New Match dialog, but after I re-ran the one-step update, the CUSIPs matched the appropriate securities, and no more mismatch windows.

Answers

• ijgordon74
    ijgordon74 Member ✭✭✭
    I think this is because the CUSIP is still associated with the old fund for some reason. The old share class has the "Matched with Online Security" box checked in the Edit Security Details window. The new admirals share class has that line greyed out, so I don't see how I can match it and add the CUSIP - any ideas?
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Uncheck the "Matched" box in the old share class funds. You should get a window asking if you want to associate the new share class names with an existing holding; match them up correctly.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:
    "The new admirals share class has that line greyed out, so I don't see how I can match it and add the CUSIP - any ideas?"

When "Matched with online security" is grayed out, that means the Quicken security has not been matched to an online security. It's grayed out because you cannot cause a match by clicking that box: you must use the new/match dialog presented when a downloaded security does not match any Quicken security.

If you have any unmatched securities for a given account, you can get that same new/match dialog by going to Tools > Online Center, selecting the Financial Institution and Account, then opening the Holdings tab and clicking "Compare to Portfolio".

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ijgordon74
    ijgordon74 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks all, I never got the New Match dialog, but after I re-ran the one-step update, the CUSIPs matched the appropriate securities, and no more mismatch windows.
This discussion has been closed.