Why am I getting an “Oops", "Unknown Error" or “Check Internet Connection” error message when I try

I run Quicken on two computers, one my desk computer and the other, my laptop. Both are Windows 10, both worked fine, until the last update. I run a VPN and my desk computer will nor update without me turning off the VPN. The laptop is fine. I also get the error "Why am I getting an “Oops", "Unknown Error" or “Check Internet Connection” error message when I try to login or update my accounts in Quicken?" after I type my Quicken password.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been some posts about Quicken not working when using a VPN. You post is confusing. You say your desktop works with the VPN off but you also say "Why am I getting an “Oops", "Unknown Error" or “Check Internet Connection” error message when I try to login or update my accounts in Quicken?" after I type my Quicken password." Can you explain better?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ok, I start my computer, everything is normal, I have my VPN running. I open Quicken and as soon as I click update, Quicken launches the log into my Quicken account, if I type my password, then I get the "oops message". If I turn off the VPN, before I type my password, it opens my Quicken account, then brings up the accounts update log in screen and everything is fine. This only happens on the desk computer, the laptop is fine.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, can the VPN be configured to allow Quicken to access the Internet?

I don't know how this would be done, but try adding https://*.quicken.com to either the VPN configuration or the Trusted Sites list in Control Panel or Internet Explorer's "Internet Options"

Or contact the VPN vendor support and ask them for help.

• The VPN has not nor can not be configured to allow a program. I added your information (https://*.quicken.com) to IE. It has made no difference. I open Quicken, and as soon as I click Account update, the log in to Quicken appears, then the valut password will appear. The VPN is the same that I use on the lap top and it has been working for the last 2 1/2 years.
  • That worked. Everything is back to normal. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.