Replacing an account with an older version of that account

If just one account is corrupted and you wish to replace it with an older version of JUST that account. And then manually update it to the present how can you do that without disturbing any other account?

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you can't really do it easily. Why do you think just one account is corrupt?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • markmcohen@
    markmcohen@ Member ✭✭
    cash balance wrong and hours of search failed to find out why. I've offset it with a fictional correction but it is inelegant. The last backup that is correct is over a month old. I have too many accounts to bring all of them up to date if I make that back-up my working copy.
    If I were able to just import that account I could deal with it.
    If not possible I'll just use my work around.
    Nothing else is amiss.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Before trying anything, make at least one backup if not more.

How do I import/export a Quicken Transfer Format (.QXF) file?
  • markmcohen@
    markmcohen@ Member ✭✭
    Thanks Greg,
    I saw that before but don't know if it allows you, after exporting to a QXF file to import just one account. BTW the account is an investment account. Does it really matter if it is already in Quicken and will go back to Quicken?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    If you need to import investment or business data, we recommend that you use QIF import instead. To learn more, see Import data into Quicken.
  • markmcohen@
    markmcohen@ Member ✭✭
    Tried it. Actually duplicated too many of the existing transactions for some reason.
    I may try again with an alias account and see if that works. In the meantime I'll stick with my non-glorious adjustment.
This discussion has been closed.