Cannot Email or Print Invoices

Hi,

I have Quicken 2017 Home & Business. I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my machine, so this is a relatively fresh installation of Quicken 2017 as well.

I created some invoices and now I want to email them. When I try to do that by clicking on Email/Send to Clipboard, I get an error message that says "Mail system support is not available." I have MS Outlook installed and configured with my email account. This used to work fine.

I also tried to print the invoice to a PDF file, but when I try to open it with Adobe Acrobat DC, I get a message saying it cannot open the file because it might have been corrupted.

I also tried to print it to a printer and that did not work, either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John
Tagged:

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Do you have all the available bug fixes (patch releases) installed for Q 2017?
    Prior to reinstalling Windows and Quicken, did your invoices have a logo? If so, is the logo file still available in the folder location where Quicken expects it? ... No logo, no print, no data in PDF file (which would explain your "corrupted PDF" error)

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Outlook your default Mail app? Are you using the 32-bit version of Outlook?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Do you have all the available bug fixes (patch releases) installed for Q 2017?
    Prior to reinstalling Windows and Quicken, did your invoices have a logo? If so, is the logo file still available in the folder location where Quicken expects it? ... No logo, no print, no data in PDF file (which would explain your "corrupted PDF" error)
  • John Wilson
    John Wilson Member ✭✭
    Thanks, @Greg_the_Geek, for this reminder. I thought Outlook would make itself the default mail client, but it had not. It is now the default mail client. I tested it with a link in a Word doc and it works fine.
    However, it still does not work in Quicken.
    Do you think it might be because I installed Quicken on a secondary hard drive? It is not on the boot drive.
  • John Wilson
    John Wilson Member ✭✭
    @UKR, are you a psychic? Your thought about having a logo on the invoice that is not in the same location was brilliant. I fixed the path for the logo and now I can get the invoice to print to PDF using the Microsoft Print To PDF, but not using the Quicken PDF printer. Not that it matters much, but do you think it might be because I installed Quicken on a secondary hard drive and not on the boot drive?
  • John Wilson
    John Wilson Member ✭✭
    And, yes @UKR , I have the latest build.
  • John Wilson
    John Wilson Member ✭✭
    @Greg_the_Geek , I am using the 64-bit version of Outlook.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UKR, are you a psychic? Your thought about having a logo on the invoice that is not in the same location was brilliant. I fixed the path for the logo and now I can get the invoice to print to PDF using the Microsoft Print To PDF, but not using the Quicken PDF printer. Not that it matters much, but do you think it might be because I installed Quicken on a secondary hard drive and not on the boot drive?
    Not a psychic, but been there long enough so I can say I've seen it before. Over the years there were a few discussions about invoices not printing when the Company Logo file went missing.
    Theoretically, installing Quicken on an internal hard drive other than C: should not matter ... but I also remember someone posting about some problems with that. Now if I only remembered the outcome of that discussion ... :-(

About the Quicken PDF Printer, if you absolutely, positively want to use it instead of some other program ...

This is not for the faint of heart, but it may get your Quicken PDF printer working again.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/not-able-print-pdf-windows-64-bit-systems

• John Wilson
    John Wilson Member ✭✭
    Ok, @Greg_the_Geek. I guess I'll have to uninstall Office and install the 32-bit version if I want this to work.
    And, @UKR , I do not really care about the Quicken PDF printer since I have the Microsoft PDF printer working.

Thanks to you both for your help!
This discussion has been closed.