Wells Fargo 2 Factor Password Request Looping Since Quicken Upgrade

Quicken for Mac 2019 version 5.12.4 (Quicken Connect):

I am a long time user of Quicken and my banks accounts have been configured for years. A recent upgrade broke all of my bank accounts. Deactivating/Reactivating worked for one bank but not the other.

Wells Fargo requires a 2 factor password which Quicken asks for same as before the upgrade. However, the request for the password keeps looping without any errors returned. My Wells Fargo accounts are now deactivated in Quicken and cannot be reactivated.

I did notice that the panels regarding the 2 factor password have resurrected an old Wells Fargo username that was changed on my account about 6 months ago. Quicken did not have this issue with the new username until the recent upgrade. Not sure if that is a clue but is wrong nonetheless.

Best Answer

• jacuna5
    jacuna5 Member
    Answer ✓
    I worked with Monica in Support to resolve this. After various troubleshooting steps we could not get Quicken to shake the old Wells Fargo account user name. What did work was re-activating downloads using "Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr" as the financial institution instead of "Wells Fargo". This is when Quicken displayed and used the correct username when asking for the 2 factor password.

According to Monica, the *.scr financial institution will always exist in case I need to use the same procedure in the future.

Answers

• jacuna5
    jacuna5 Member
    Answer ✓
    I worked with Monica in Support to resolve this. After various troubleshooting steps we could not get Quicken to shake the old Wells Fargo account user name. What did work was re-activating downloads using "Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr" as the financial institution instead of "Wells Fargo". This is when Quicken displayed and used the correct username when asking for the 2 factor password.

According to Monica, the *.scr financial institution will always exist in case I need to use the same procedure in the future.
This discussion has been closed.