Future scheduled transaction appears in calendar but not register (Q Mac)

Ron
Ron Member ✭✭
I've got it down on how to schedule a future transaction. I transfer money monthy from my checking acct. to my savings acct. for budgeting for yearly bills, (insurance, Health, etc). i've got a scheduled transaction to transfer $$ set up this way and it shows on my calendar with the clock icon (as it's supposed to). But when I go to my checking account it doesn't show that future scheduled transaction. When I click on it in the calendar, it does nothing. I can't edit it, delete it, or change it. Not sure why this happens. Some of my scheduled transactions work fine, but apparently not when I'm wanting to transfer money from checking to savings. I think the Mac version of calendars is really lacking the features that the Windows version offers. Just my opinion after using the Windows version for many, many years.

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    When you are in the selected register, click on Settings at the lower right. There you will be able to set the visibility of future Scheduled Transactions:

You can adjust to your liking, and this will show scheduled transfers as well directly in the register without having to go to the calendar.

As far as the Calendar view-there may or may not be bugs with it how scheduled transactions are handled. I rarely use that view, and I don't see many posts/questions about other users using it as well. 
  • Hello Ron,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration you may be experiencing.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that under Quicken>About Quicken

Assuming you are using the 2018/2019 release of QMac, you will want to change your Account Settings in order to adjust the filtered view for displaying Scheduled Transactions in your Quicken Register(s).

You can do this by selecting the individual Account from the Account Bar on the left, then click the Settings icon located at the bottom right, in the Register Toolbar. You will see an option in the Settings window that allows you to change the view to expand further out. 

Make your selection in the drop-down menu and you should then be able to view, edit, etc any Scheduled Transactions that fall within the selected timeframe from within the Account Register(s).

Please note, this Setting is account specific, so you will need to change it for each account individually if you have Scheduled Transactions set up in more than one account. 

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• Ron
    Ron Member ✭✭
    Version 5.12.5 (Build 512.29294.100)
    Thanks. I did go to the selected account and change it. That works for that register. I'll have to see how it works from the calendar view, if it does. I'm so used to using the calendar view from the Windows version that I want to keep doing it with the MAC version. This helps for now.
This discussion has been closed.