Locating unapplied credits

Options
I wanted to apply a customer's credit to an invoice, but when I clicked "apply existing credits", the amount that showed up was higher than expected. How can I track down the details of those credits, since there were other credits that I was unaware of? Where do I even start looking? (This is a longtime customer with recurring transactions.)

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hello @LBeck
    Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.
    There are a few ways to obtain the customers invoice and payment details. 
    The first would be to go to the Invoice Register and click on the top header for the "Customer" column to filter by customer.
    This will group all of the customers transactions together to help narrow down the overpayments and credits.
    Alternatively, you can print a customer statement from the Business tab > Business Actions > invoices and estimates > Print Statements which details each invoice and received payment for the customer.
    I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.
    Thank you,
    Sarah
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you record Customer Payments?
    • As New Customer Payment transactions recorded in the Customer Invoices account, as intended by the programmers?
    • Or through the backdoor, as deposits in your Checking account, categorized as transfers to the Customer Invoices account?
    In the latter case, such payment transfer appears as Credit transaction. This will not mark an invoice as paid until you create a New Customer Payment transaction (even one for $0.00) and mark "apply existing credits".
This discussion has been closed.