In my Financial Overview page the currency is shown as $ when my home currency is £?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or Canadian version?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using? 
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Hi,

Windows 10.

Quicken 2008, Premier Release R 1

Regards Paul.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even in the current version, Quicken 2019, there continue to be many places where the programmers hardcoded $ signs instead of using the sign of the home currency or making options available which currency to choose. Someone may have thought that Quicken is a US-centric product and foreign currencies will never play a big role, so they never allowed for this situation.
    Since you're on an unsupported version, this issue is never going to be resolved in Q 2008. Sorry.
    Personally I'd like to thank you for bringing this issue to the Community's attention. I sincerely hope that someone from Quicken reads this post and will bring it to the attention of the programmers, to be fixed in a future version of Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.