Create Business Transaction

Options
Hello everyone,

I am new to Quicken and am trying to set up a business accounting in our Quicken. My question is if there is a video tutorial that I can watch how to enter the business transactions (income and expenses) in the system? We set up the business but only shows us the AP and AR.

And is there a way to track the transactions into different currency than USD?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @utama19

Thank you for taking the time to share your questions with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

In addition to the AP and AR accounts, if you haven't already, you will need to add the business banking account(s) in Quicken.  If using the Quicken for Windows US version, Quicken is able to connect and download transactions from US financial institutions.  If using Quicken for Windows Canada version, you are able to connect with Canada financial institutions and download transactions in CAD.

For all other currencies, the account would need to be created manually and all transactions entered manually.  If you haven't already, I would recommend visiting here for more information and a short video of how to create and enter the transactions manually.  

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns the Community may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FYI - To be included in business reports (and I don't know where else) you have to assign the income and expense categories to a schedule C tax line item number.  To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.