2019 Deluxe Canada installed OK, but crashes when trying to view Bills etc scheduled

I was able to convert a large old data file after trying a smaller one, the second required me to re-enter log in password ???. Whole process has other-wise completely screwed up other software such that those other software data files are disconnected. From Mozilla Thunderbird to Excel to Firefox History/bookmarks (latter not yet uncovered) creating a lot of work to reconnect??!! to be done. Windows settings also seem to have changed in that Windows 10 has taken over with its browser, etc. Any comments/links appreciated.
Upgrade from 2012.

Best Answer

• Tealeaf3
    Tealeaf3 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for asking Greg, As said in my follow up, all OK now. I asked Q support, but they were not familiar with the issue I had. I backup copies myself. Don;t use those services. Kaspersky manages the Defender settings. Odd thing, the whole experience and, teaches me to absolutely keep backups off my machine.
    The data file is in Quicken files under User in C:, nothing odd there.
    Cheers, Tealeaf

Answers

• Tealeaf3
    Tealeaf3 Member ✭✭
    The above happened after a reboot. I wondered if it was an effect of a Windows Update prior day. I had Windows Bluish screen, not of death, etc.
    But no. Complete mystery. I toyed with doing a recovery, but left it. Then I restarted the PC later, just now, and Lo and behold all is back to normal except that in the process I did lose my tabs left open on my browsers while casting about trying to unravel, small potatoes.

I have a chat with Quicken staff tomorrow to see if they can throw light. Bills etc are Ok based on 2017
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Tealeaf3
    Tealeaf3 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for asking Greg, As said in my follow up, all OK now. I asked Q support, but they were not familiar with the issue I had. I backup copies myself. Don;t use those services. Kaspersky manages the Defender settings. Odd thing, the whole experience and, teaches me to absolutely keep backups off my machine.
    The data file is in Quicken files under User in C:, nothing odd there.
    Cheers, Tealeaf
This discussion has been closed.