Custom "Income vs. Expenses" graph color, or the old color scheme (1 merged vote)

Options
2»

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's be clear about exactly what issue we are discussing here.

If I go to "Income & Expense" on the Home tab Dashboard, the colors are light blue and orange.

If I look at "Income vs. Expenses" on the Classic Home page, the colors are orange and khaki green.

If I look at the Income and Expense by Category graph, the colors are also orange and khaki.

Which is it? Or is it something different?

QWin Premier subscription
  • Kevin Jarrett
    Kevin Jarrett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The top one is the one that is unresponsive to changes in the custom color scheme. And that is the only one I really use.

• Jim_Harman
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks for clarifying. I agree the colors should respond to changes to the "Graph and Chart Colors" at Edit > Preferences > Colors > Custom. The khaki green color appears to be the second-last of the default colors but I don't see any way to change it.

We need about 25 more votes for this Idea before the developers will pay attention to it.

• Kevin Jarrett
    Kevin Jarrett Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank YOU for asking, we had a BUNCH of people in my original thread who could vote, wonder how many have and haven't.

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Options

If this is where you vote please add my vote!

• Jim_Harman
    Options

@DOS

This is page 2 of the Idea discussion. Go to the top of page 1 and you will see a large colored box with a number on the left. Below the number there is a small up-arrow. Click on that to register your vote. The number will increase and the arrow will turn gray when your vote has been counted.

• llepore52
    llepore52 Member ✭✭
    Options

I just added my vote. Thank you Jim !! It's now at 26! Easy to do folks - go to Page 1 and click on the voting box with the number in it! The more that vote for it the more likely we will see a change to these horrendous colors. We've been asking for 3 years now however this is the first time I've seen that we might get Quicken support to look at or change this.

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Options

VOTED!

• SteelCastle
    SteelCastle Member
    Options

I will add that this is frustratingly confusing when in the dashboard looking at "Income & Expense" and clicking into the dashboard brings up "Income/Expense by Category" and the color scheme not only changes but the expense color from the dashboard graph now is the Income Color. (Example pick included)

• llepore52
    llepore52 Member ✭✭
    Options

WOW - I never noticed that. That is confusing. I hope you voted to allow us to change colors of these bars.

• SteelCastle
    SteelCastle Member
    Options

Just voted now!

• bullrun
    bullrun Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello. I have serious vision problems and the yellow/green combination doesn't contrast enough, putting a strain on my eyes. This problem is exacerbated when looking at wider date ranges as the color bars are small & skinny.

I just clicked the arrow button on the 1st post in this thread to upvote this issue to Quicken dev team for response. It now sits at 30 votes. Hope someone will adjust this soon. Not sure why the colors would be anything but green (income) vs. red (expense) let alone allowing us the option to set the color ourselves. I've only recently started using this report despite having been subscribed to Quicken for about 7 years.