Is there a way to get a report on security values at a point in time ?

I need to get a report listing all securities with their current values at a point in time. I need to be able to export the report to CSV. Is there a way of getting such a report ?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Garry@[email protected] Member ✭✭
    edited December 2
    Many thanks.

Is there a way to get those amounts for time periods e.g. every half-year for the last 5 years ?
  • I've just realised that RickO's solution does not work for Banking and Property/Debt accounts. I've looked at the Net Worth and Net Worth Over Time reports but they are [sorry] useless. They can only be done for the end of each month, can't be exported to CSV and when printed or copied truncate long account names !

Is there a work around for non-Investment accounts ?
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garry,

You initially asked about security values. On the other hand, account values is a somewhat different question.

I agree that the NWOT report is somewhat lacking. Here's an IDEA post you can vote for related to this:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7337189/enable-customizing-the-mac-net-worth-report-by-year-40-legacy-votes

One other workaround: If you do a Edit > Select All, then Copy on the NWOT report, you can paste this into a spreadsheet. You have to do some reformatting and move some lines around a bit, but at least the account names aren't truncated when you do this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Sorry, yes, I only asked about security values - at that point I didn't realise the NWOT report can't be exported. I've added my vote to a lot of the feature and report requests. Most seem quite old which is a concern.

Off topic: I'm another Q2007 user (since 1997). But, as macOS 10.15 is 64-bit only, I'm looking for an alternative. It's been quite a shock – I can't find any tools that match the speed, data recording and reporting capabilities in Q2007. It's also a surprise that Q2020 can't import/export QIF. Even more oddly, I've tested the Q2007 import function in Q2020 and 4 other tools. With my data, Q2020 came in second - it results in more extraneous transactions and takes more work to fix than the 1st place tool.

Cheers, and many thanks.