Problem opening an "Investing" account

Options
I now get the message "There is a problem: Either you have not marked an securities for download or …. Do you want to review the securities list and fix the problem?" every time I open an Investment or Retirement account. None of the securities are marked for download, per my preference and it has been that way years. I can click "No" and it lets me in to the account but the next time I start Quicken the message reappears. If I click "Yes" it takes me to the Securities list screen where I click "Done" and Quicken hangs trying to update. Clicking "Stop Update" has no effect. The only way out of Quicken is to end the task through Task Manager.

This issue just started in the last month. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, talking to support, etc.

Best Answer

• WayneInMaine
    WayneInMaine Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Problem resolved. Spoke with a third person at Quicken support who had me turn "Download Quotes" on click "Apply" and then turn "Download Quotes" off and "Apply". No explanation as to why or what happen but it appears to resolve the issue. Final test will be pulling transactions down from financial institutions later this month. The above message appeared for each transaction pulled down over the weekend and needed to be manually cleared before it could be "Accepted".

Answers

• WayneInMaine
    WayneInMaine Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Problem resolved. Spoke with a third person at Quicken support who had me turn "Download Quotes" on click "Apply" and then turn "Download Quotes" off and "Apply". No explanation as to why or what happen but it appears to resolve the issue. Final test will be pulling transactions down from financial institutions later this month. The above message appeared for each transaction pulled down over the weekend and needed to be manually cleared before it could be "Accepted".
This discussion has been closed.