Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Please provide a consistent tabular column behavior throughout Quicken (+5 Merged Votes)

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
Some "tables" like registers have adjustable column widths.
Others , like the All Bills and Deposits in the Bill and Income Reminders screen have no adjustable column widths. 
And then others have some column widths that can be adjusted to 1 character in size while other columns can't be shrunk below many (say 30) for example characters like the description field in investment registers.

Please make a consistent user experience for tabular displays.
Please allow all column widths to be shrunk to 1 character in size.  Sometimes it is necessary in order to fit needed information from other columns on the screen.
Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
15 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    In Checking account registers, I have the ability to customize what columns I want displayed.
    In Investment accounts, I don't have that ability.
    In Investment accounts, I can change the width of the securities field to 1 character displayed, but I can't do this in the Description field.  I often want to shrink the column width of the Description field in order to fit desired information on the screen, since I can't choose fields to display in Investment accounts.
    Please make consistent column behavior throughout Quicken.  Preferably, make column tailoring behavior more closely match column tailoring behavior like that in check registers.

Suggestion
    Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member ✭✭✭
    And please make column widths a configurable setting that all to all accounts of a given type, e.g. credit cards.
    Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team
    -Quicken Anja
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 21
    [Removed - Duplicate]
    -Quicken Anja
  • Qckn User
    Qckn User Member
    Screen sizes are sometimes too small to fit all columns from tabular windows displays.
    In Quicken, there are several tables who's column cannot shrink at all.
    In many tables and registers, the columns have inconsistent behavior, some able to shrink to just one character and others that can't shrink below 25+ characters. Please make column width behavior consistent throughout Quicken to accomdodate smaller screens.
  • Gregg107
    Gregg107 Member ✭✭
    Column handling should follow modern Windows and UI practices. All columns should be selectable (visible/hide) and all column widths should be changable. If columns are required (e.g. to ensure a function works properly), selection should be ON and should be greyed out in the selection UI.

With the various ways Q currently handles columns differently from pane to pane, you have a very inconsistent user experience which leads to frustration and inefficiency.