I had to change my password for my mobile account and now my desktop freezes when loading Quicken

Options
I was finally able to sync my desktop to the web but couldn't log into my account on my phone. I reset my web password and was able to get into quicken on my phone but now my desktop app shows a blank dialog titled Enter Quicken ID Password. There are no inputs or buttons on the box except for the X to close. If I close, it still shows as if there is a modal dialog open and I can't access anything in Quicken. I assume I need to update the password on the desktop but I can't do anything. I tried killing the app and restarting it. It still pops up with the modal blank dialog. Help!

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stanglady1992
    Options
    I had to use chat with a rep and we ended up clearing out a bunch of appdata files which did not work. Then we restored a backup that didn't have mobile set up. From there I was able set up mobile and do a sync. Then I could open my current data file and everything was back to normal. Appears something was messed up in the hook to quicken.com when the password got changed.
This discussion has been closed.