Long Time to Launch Qucken

Options
Over the past number of months, it is taking longer for Quicken to open my data file. I keep hoping that an update will correct the issue. This morning I applied update R23.18 (27.1.23.18). It now takes 5:44 to open my data file and an additional 30 seconds before I can actually use the UI. I have been using Quicken since 2000, so there is a lot of data in my data file, but that was never an issue before about six months ago when I began to notice the issue. Can anyone tell me the Quicken launch process and steps to take to determine what part of Quicken is taking so long to load?
Thanks.

Best Answers

• bkauffman62
    bkauffman62 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Issue appears to be related to Dropbox. I uninstalled Dropbox and rebooted. Launch time is 12 seconds. I installed Dropbox (again) and launch time is over 4 minutes. For now, I guess I will not being using Dropbox locally. Thanks for the help!

Answers

• bkauffman62
    bkauffman62 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Path to data file is C:\MoneyData, Controlled Folder Access is turned off and I use Dropbox and OneDrive.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried moving your data file to C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Quicken? Is Dropbox or OneDrive actively backing up C:\MoneyData?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • bkauffman62
    bkauffman62 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Issue appears to be related to Dropbox. I uninstalled Dropbox and rebooted. Launch time is 12 seconds. I installed Dropbox (again) and launch time is over 4 minutes. For now, I guess I will not being using Dropbox locally. Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.