Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Why is Quicken running very slowly on my desktop, but ok with the same file on my laptop

I've been traveling and before leaving I moved my Quicken Premier file (2020 R23.18 build 27.1.23.18) via backup/restore from my desktop (where it was working great) to my laptop where it worked great. On returning 6 weeks later I restored it back to my desktop where it is now very slow. I tried running a earlier backup on my desktop and that also runs slow. Everything else on my desktop works fine. I have made no changes to my desktop that I'm aware of. Any suggestions as to why Quicken on the desktop has started running very slow?

Best Answer

• pselsonpselson Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Seems to run better now - thanks for your suggestion. I think an auto-update program was affecting it - I disabled it and Q seems to run better now.

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • pselsonpselson Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Seems to run better now - thanks for your suggestion. I think an auto-update program was affecting it - I disabled it and Q seems to run better now.