Why is Quicken running very slowly on my desktop, but ok with the same file on my laptop

pselson
pselson Member ✭✭
I've been traveling and before leaving I moved my Quicken Premier file (2020 R23.18 build 27.1.23.18) via backup/restore from my desktop (where it was working great) to my laptop where it worked great. On returning 6 weeks later I restored it back to my desktop where it is now very slow. I tried running a earlier backup on my desktop and that also runs slow. Everything else on my desktop works fine. I have made no changes to my desktop that I'm aware of. Any suggestions as to why Quicken on the desktop has started running very slow?

Best Answer

• pselson
    pselson Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Seems to run better now - thanks for your suggestion. I think an auto-update program was affecting it - I disabled it and Q seems to run better now.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • pselson
    pselson Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Seems to run better now - thanks for your suggestion. I think an auto-update program was affecting it - I disabled it and Q seems to run better now.
This discussion has been closed.