I can't find my current password on Quicken 2017 home and business.

If my computer shuts off, I won't be able to open my current Quicken 2017 Home and Business. I did a stupid thing and changed the password in my password manager before copying the current password. How can I recover that password?

Best Answer

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken has a password removal tool which will only work with data file passwords used in currently supported versions of Quicken for Windows. Quicken 2017 is only supported until April 20, 2020. According to this link, you will have to answer some security questions in order to remove your data file password so hopefully, you can answer the security questions. This will not recover your password but should allow you to remove the password so you can reset it again. Others may disagree with this, but I keep all of my passwords in an Excel spreadsheet stashed away in a safe place. I don't keep the spreadsheet on my computer but have it save to a couple of thumb/flash drives.

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-if-quicken-not-accepting-data-file-password
This discussion has been closed.