Why does Quicken still double count cash balances?

Options
2»

Comments

• jrseif
    jrseif Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm also having the same problem. When I called Premier Support last week they told me they had never heard of this problem before and that the problem was with Merrill Lynch. I'm a former ML employee and a Quicken MAC user since the software was introduced. At one time Quicken had a problem with double counting on the Windows Version and asked during account set up if you wanted cash transactions counted or merged with Money Market, to avoid this problem. My quicken for MAC never had this problem until the January Update. This is a new quicken problem that is not being solved or addressed by quicken.
  • jrseif
    jrseif Member ✭✭
    Options
    UPDATE: I finally got through to someone who actually knew what money market is (as a security). 1.) It's a known issue and they are working on a fix, but there's no ETA. 2.) ETA's are often delayed on the Mac platform, because fixes have to be vetted by Apple.
    WORK AROUND: Enter a Transaction for the amount of the money market as a cash transaction type "Payment/Deposit". To prevent the transaction from propagating to reports as an "expense" . Create a new expense category and then supress that specific category from reports. THis should get the balance to show correctly in each account that has money market.
    DISCLAIMER: I don't work for Quicken so unintended consequences are always a possiblity. I'm not sure what will happen when the fix comes through, you might have to UN-Workaround the transactions.
  • jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today, after downloading transactions, I noticed I no longer get the securities quantity mismatch on the money market funds. It seems to be handling my cash balances better now. I had to do a small amount of tweaking to get my accounts to perfectly align now to undo some of the damage done, but I'm optimistic. Things seems to behave like they did before.
This discussion has been closed.