Budget Screen Always Begins in January 2019

I have been using QB for Mac for about 5 months and have had a budget created since the beginning that goes through October 2020. Ever since the New Year, every time I click on the Budgets menu, it defaults to January 2019 and I have to click the ">" twelve times to get it to go to January 2020. Once I get there, all the budgets/etc are correct, but it always goes back to January 2019 as the current month when I enter this screen. Prior to that, it always went to the correct/current month.

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    QB as in Quick Books (an Intuit product), or Quicken form Mac? They are completely different programs.
  • AustinG
    AustinG Member
    Sorry, it's Quicken for Mac... not sure why I used "QB" (maybe because I was a QB user for 10 years... old habits!)
  • John_in_NC
    Thanks for the clarification.

If you are looking at the single (1-Month) view, you can click the center icon to take you directly to the current month.

The Reset Date button in the 12 month view will accomplish the same:

This should jump to the current starting date. (I don't know if you are seeing that.) What are you seeing?
  • AustinG
    AustinG Member
    That's the problem, when I click on the diamond-looking (center) icon for "current month" it takes me to January 2019, not January 2020. Prior to 1/1/2020, that functionality was working fine. When I click on "Reset Date" in the 12-month view, it takes me to 10/2018. I can manually advance through each month and eventually get to 1/2020 (and everything is right), but that wasn't the prior behavior.
  • AustinG
    AustinG Member
    Ok, I'll give that a try. I don't understand, though, why a Oct-Oct budget would cause the "current month" button to show Jan 2019, when I didn't even have a budget back then... seems like a bug in the 1-month view, or am I missing something?

Thanks John: I'll post back if this resolves my issue.
  • AustinG
    AustinG Member
    John, this worked! Thanks for the help
  • John_in_NC
    Thanks for the update! I suspected this was the case.
This discussion has been closed.