Frequently when I open Q Home & Business (subscription) my file isn't there or is corrupted.

BenVT
BenVT Member ✭✭
I use a MacBook Pro with Windows 10 Pro interfaced with Parallels software. My Q subscription is the Windows version. Parallels informs me that this is not a Parallels problem, but may be connected to a Windows update. Anyone else having this problem ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • BenVT
    BenVT Member ✭✭
    I must admit that I am really inept when it comes to computers.

In answer to your questions: I do NOT use Dropbox or Google Backup

I looked in Windows Defender: A band at the top indicated that the settings are controlled by Norton 360. Scrolling down and opening dropdowns, I couldn’t find “Controlled Folder Access” as an option

The Map to Q is: \\Mac\Home\Documents\Quicken\Qdata

I also have an additional Q account with the same path ending in a different name

Since this problem began (recently), I’ve been backing up to a thumb drive after every daily download. I have not yet restored from backup because once before I waited a day and Q opened on its own correctly

I am a long time Q user, dating back to the 80’s. I’m wondering if the problem could be data overload ? Also, I wonder if a recent Windows update, for example, to resolve the security flaw could be the problem
This discussion has been closed.