Budget window category popup report not showing any values

When I click on a category on the budget window, the report for that month pops up but no info is there.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    Hello @pauldv172,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you have not already done so, please make sure that you are on the most recent version of Quicken. You can do this by going to Quicken>Check for Updates.

You may also consider creating a test budget, using the category in question, and making sure that the category is in use for the month you are attempting to run the report for. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-mac-12-month-budget-overview-and-getting-started

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• pauldv172
    pauldv172 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried a new file and it works. On my existing file it does not. It used to work until recently. You can see that my gasoline category has $255 of charges against it but not not show the transactions when I click on the Jan 2020 bar. What setting needs to be fixed.
  • Hello @pauldv172,

Thank you for performing these additional steps and posting back in with the results.

To clarify, did you create a new file or a new budget within your existing file?

If it's the former, I suggest attempting a new budget within your current file. You can do this by going to Budgets>New Budget.

Please let us know!

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• pauldv172
    pauldv172 Member ✭✭✭
    I created on in a brand new file and it worked fine. In my existing file, I created a brand new budget and it did not work. Something in my file. I have been using this file for years and it was fine until recently.
  • Hello @pauldv172,

Thank you for confirming and for attempting to create a new budget in your existing Quicken data file.

I suggest next to restore a backup file from before this issue began to occur.  

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

You may need to then perform an update to your accounts, etc, to get everything up-to-date, and then attempt to pull the report from the budget once more.

Please let me know if this issue is resolved for you in the restored backup file.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• pauldv172
    pauldv172 Member ✭✭✭
    I found out the accounts had check marks in the hide show accounts. Not sure if this was a change or not because I haven't touch these settings for ages, but now they have to be unchecked.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.