Costco Visa Anywhere changed some settings, now "Citi Cards"

I was getting an error connecting to Costco Visa Anywhere. After a call to Quicken Support, discovered that Citi changed a lot of their cards to Citi Cards , no long Costco Visa Anywhere Card under settings. It took a while and help from the good help from Quicken, but finally hooked up with the correct URL or Financial Institution to make it work. And it is still Direct Connect. All good

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm not sure when the change may have been enforced, but I've been connecting my Costco Visa under the "Citi Cards" FI with direct connect ever since they switched over from Amex in 2016.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was a little premature, apparently I thought I was connected to Financial Institution "Citi Cards", but it had returned to Costco Visa Anywhere, and was Direct Connect. When an hour later I returned to do a complete update of all accounts, Quicken alert screen asked for the Password matching the keychain from Quicken for Mac 2015, (Im on 2020), and it wouldn't take the password that I use on Costco Visa Anywhere Citi website. Just shook with wrong answer, and no small x to back out , so a reboot or hard quit of the Quicken App was necessary. But the Quicken alert asking for the Password was still there until I did a hard reboot. Online with Quicken now.... Not sure why keychain has to use Passwords labeled from a version of quicken that I used years ago... but there are more for other financial institutions. Right now I cant connect at all to Costco Visa. And Citi Cards as the financial institution doesn't work as well.
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well I am posting to talk of success again, and I think I will be good in 24 hrs. So Following RickO attesting that Citi Cards was his go to Financial Institution I did the following. After getting off a Chat with Citi Visa where person said to keep thinks as they were ... i.e., Costco Anywhere Visa as the financial institution. I went to the Citi.com website , saw my account transactions and balance. I went to PROFILE near the top right corner. From the pull down, I chose MORE SETTINGS, in the middle of the screen under security I chose the MANAGE DESKTOP APPS. This gives me a 10 minute period, where I would go to Quicken 2020 Mac, and deactivate, and reactivate choosing Citi Cards. There when I go to options I now see DIRECT CONNECT as an option. I choose and then see the account # on the right, I see the LINK option and I see the name of my account to link to. And all is good. No Error, and it is using Direct connect. Citi Cards is the financial institution to use for Quicken and the Costco VISA., as RickO stated. Citibank only gives you Quicken Connect, which is not as nice. Thanks RickO
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted out.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @Tom said:
    > I was a little premature, apparently I thought I was connected to Financial Institution "Citi Cards", but it had returned to Costco Visa Anywhere, and was Direct Connect. When an hour later I returned to do a complete update of all accounts, Quicken alert screen asked for the Password matching the keychain from Quicken for Mac 2015, (Im on 2020), and it wouldn't take the password that I use on Costco Visa Anywhere Citi website. Just shook with wrong answer, and no small x to back out , so a reboot or hard quit of the Quicken App was necessary. But the Quicken alert asking for the Password was still there until I did a hard reboot. Online with Quicken now.... Not sure why keychain has to use Passwords labeled from a version of quicken that I used years ago... but there are more for other financial institutions. Right now I cant connect at all to Costco Visa. And Citi Cards as the financial institution doesn't work as well.

I had exactly the same issue. More over it is not consistent. It comes and goes. I can download from the site easy enough and the reset sometimes works as does deactivate and reactivate. Frustrating. this also happens with my Citi AT&T Universal Card.
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    2nd day and desktop downloading ok, I did have to take about 2 hours and find some duplicates that were downloaded. Sure is a pain to printout 15-20 pages of Visa online history and slowly compare to what Quicken has , and find duplicates, etc... I went to the Statements and found the Date and what was due to get a firm grip on what month and where the ERROR would lie. So working from the oldest to the newest month, and sometimes rearranging the transactions so the running balance is equal to what the statement is for that month. Found about 3 or 4 things that were causing the problems. Luckily it was way back in October and before.

One other note of interest. Last night I noticed that the Costco Visa had a red error on the MOBILE APP. It gave the SLIDE TO FIX, and then came with a message (I believe) from the Financial Institution (Citi Bank), saying go to cite.com. something something datamanagrement, which went me directly to the app settings mentioned above so I hit the button to give me the 10 minutes to use a 3rd party app, and went to my iPhone and resncyed and because I did this thing on the Citi Website as mentioned above, the error on the Mobile app went away.

I guess you have to go to the Citi.Com website Profile --- More Settings. -- Manage Desktop Apps and click to add access and go to your Quicken Mobile or Desktop and get er done....

Although one of the active ID' now says Quicken Windows 2018 along with another (the first one) that says Quicken Mac 2018

Hope this helps, again Thanks RickO....
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Everything in terms of CONNECTION is working, NO ERRORS. but what causes me to download duplicates. ITs happening a lot with this Costco Visa. I will see the online balance not the same as the just updated Quicken Balance. Then I will go back thru quicken and see the balance at the statement dates, and see where it has changed and have to go thru a printout to find the duplicate.

Anyway to eliminate these duplicate downloads...?
This discussion has been closed.