Some Main Category Groups Not Displaying In Budgets

Options
My problem is with the displaying of the Personal Expenses and Transfers Out main groups under Planning --> Budgets. I have selected categories in both Personal Expenses and Transfers Out, but the group and the categories do not show up in the budget window. See pictures of my screens. When I select a category from any other group, the group and its category display as it should.

I failed to follow up on my last request and the action was closed. My apologies. I will try to follow up closely this time. See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7864263/manage-category-groups#latest. I read the responses and tried without any success to solve my issue.

I did a validate and repair of the file with a clean data log. The data log showed no errors for QDF, QEL, and all internal consistency checks passed. I also powered down my computer and started it up. The problem remained.

Here's what I did before all this occurred that may help in addressing the issue. I created a New Customs Group named Expenses. I selected several categories from Personal Expenses and Transfers Out groups and moved them to the new Custom Group Expenses. The custom group Expenses did show up with all categories that I selected. I decided that is not what I really wanted and reverted back by moving all the categories back and deleting the Custom Group called Expenses.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• djhc12a
    djhc12a Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe the issue is fixed. I was looking at the categories in Personal Expenses and found one odd one. It was a transfer category called "[From Cash]" that I did not notice before. I could not figure out how it got in Personal Expenses nor could I figure how to get rid of it since Personal Expenses I believe are standardized. I finally renamed the account from Cash to Cash1. The category "[From Cash]" disappeared and Personal Expenses and Transfer Out became visible again.

Answers

• djhc12a
    djhc12a Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe the issue is fixed. I was looking at the categories in Personal Expenses and found one odd one. It was a transfer category called "[From Cash]" that I did not notice before. I could not figure out how it got in Personal Expenses nor could I figure how to get rid of it since Personal Expenses I believe are standardized. I finally renamed the account from Cash to Cash1. The category "[From Cash]" disappeared and Personal Expenses and Transfer Out became visible again.
This discussion has been closed.