a version of Quicken got placed on my desktop that I do not recognize (updated title)

I am a desktop subscriber having used Quicken for many year. Today while doing a transaction downloac from BofA a version of Quicken got placed on my desktop that I do not recognize. Perhaps it is the mobil/tablet version. In any case I want my desktop version back as my ICON on the desktop keeps bringing up the phantom version. How do I correct this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken is ONLY a desktop product ... although there are a couple of optional Online/Web features.
    SO, please RIGHT click that new icon, and then left click Properties (at the bottom of the window that opened).
    What does it say there?
    And if you could take a screenshot of that resulting dialog, and post it here, it would be most helpful in resolving this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    @GeoffG That's the theory that I'm pursuing, also.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dean block
    dean block Member ✭✭
    I did do a web connect with BofA and may have hit Save instead of Open. The icon appears to be the same as that originally on the desktop.
    I am wondering about doing a restore at this point?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need. The file on your desktop is the data you downloaded. You can safely delete it. Just be sure to delete the correct one.
This discussion has been closed.