What is a Register report? How can you select the date range for that report?

oldngrmpy1
oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in Reports (Windows)
As silly as this sounds I never knew there was a Register Report.  I've used various reports from the Toolbar, but I don't see Register Report listed there, or anywhere else for that matter. The question I have is: I noticed there seems to be a default date set for that report that includes the current year, going back to the beginning of the previous year. So today is 02-20-2020, when I run a Register Report, it includes dates beginning 1-28-2019 thru today. I've tried several ways to change the date range, but the earliest it sees to go back to is 01-28-2019. Is that just the earliest default for that report?
Current Windows 10, Current Qkn Deluxe Win Subscription, Sync turned OFF
Tagged:

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    How are you getting to your - Register Rreport -
    open your Account Register - Gear - More Reports --> Register Report -
    then it has the usual drop-down to select your Date Range -

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Never mind, I just realized that is a fairly new account that was started on that date. My Bad!  I'm finding that report on the "actions" gear icon. Is that the only way to get to that report?
    Current Windows 10, Current Qkn Deluxe Win Subscription, Sync turned OFF
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TJ102,

A "Register Report" is actually just a report of transactions that were entered into that register.  It is accessed on an account by account basis by opening an account > clicking on the "Action" Gear (in the upper right hand corner) > selecting "More Reports" > then selecting "Register Report".

For my Quicken file I can select a wide range of dates including from the beginning of time ( i.e. from my first entries in the particular account, which for me goes back into the 1980's) up until the present day.  Since I don't close out years in my Quicken file, I have wide access to transactions, there may be limitation for others that perform enf-of-year routines on their files.  Perhaps that's why you can only go back to 1/1/19, but this is just a guess on my part.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
This discussion has been closed.