How to get my Quicken icon back on my MAC computer.

I had an Icon of my US bank account. I always printed my checks on this computor. My computer was hacked and I lost the app. So how do I get back the app.???
thanks for your advise. Marius.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're describing. You mention w2anting your Quicken icon back, then talk about an icon of a US Bank account, and a lost app.

Are you saying the Quicken application is gone from your computer, or gone from your Dock? Open your Applications folder and scroll down to "Q". Is "Quicken" or "Quicken.app" there? If not, you'll need to re-download the application; post back if that's the case, and we can guide how to do that. If yes, you have the Quicken application installed on your computer. Next, is the red "Q" icon visible in your Dock? If not, you can drag the red "Q" icon from the applications folder into your Dock where you want it to appear, and that will add the Quicken application back to your Dock.

This is just for at the application. You also need your Quicken data file. I don't know if that is present of missing, so I'm not go into that here until you post more information. And I'm still not sure what you're referring to with "an icon of my US Bank account." Post more information, and we can try to help you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Hi. Jacobs. My red Q is on my dock. I used to have the US bank icon on my dock
    so I could print my checks. That Icon is gone when they stole my ID and I paid a "ransom" to them. They tried a few months ago again and that was the end. I took the computer to Best Buy and bought another one. I installed the U.S.
    Bank icon on this computer but nothing works. My Quicken application, I have no idea where it is or where I can find it. So what can I do ? Thanks for the help you can give me.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what application you used to have for US Bank. That's not a bank I use, so I'm not familiar with it. You say it's not in your dock, but then you say it is on your computer… but it doesn't work. So I'm confused about what you do and don't have installed. I don't know why you had something separate for printing checks, since you can print checks from within Quicken.

Where is the US Bank "icon" that you do have?  If you click on it and then press Command-i, what is the "Kind" in the box that opens? Is it "Application"? What happens when you double-click it?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    26bastiaan35 said:  My red Q is on my dock. I used to have the US Bank icon on my dock so I could print my checks. .....  I installed the U.S.Bank icon on this computer but nothing works. My Quicken application, I have no idea where it is or where I can find it.
    A little confused.....
    If the Red Q is on the dock - what happens when you click on it - that IS Quicken ?
    Next - where or what is the US Bank "program/app/icon" you keep mentioning...
    Where do you get it -  to install it ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.